Wednesday, September 5, 2007

In The Back Of My Mind

















Stuka

I got Jesus in my head like a stinger
He moves from tree to tree
In the back of my mind
A ragged shadowy figure

I got Him

I got Original Sin
I got Original Sin
I got Original Sin
I got Original Sin

I got a demon in my head likes stinger
He moves from tree to tree
In the back of my mind
I got a bad seed I gotta feed

I got Him

If you play with fire
You' re gonna get burned
Some of my friends
Are gonna die young

**
Especially going out to one of my closest 'music guru' friend from my polytechnic days, Stuka. His knowledge of music will simply put many of us to shame. We used to burn the midnight oil and frequent anything related to music, be it a shop, concert or simply just talking about it over at the atrium's bench in school. He has nevertheless introduced me to many different kinds of music and bands which I am still listening to up to this very day.

Funny isn't it? We listen to so much stuffs and you're glued to Primal Scream's song Stuka as a nickname while I'm a fanatic over their Screamadelica cover art . It must be Bobby Gillespie working on his magic wand.

The picture is what I best remember you for bro. I wonder if you still have the t-shirt around. You were wearing it so often back then. Must be your most favourite in your closet. I still have my favourite Dinosaur Jr (Green Mind-Smoking Girl). It's one of the nicest tee I ever owned.

Since I started this blog, it seems that there are many coincidences or merely things that happen when we least expect it (between us at least). We shall talk about it sometime when me meet ya bro. Menwhile, enjoy the words and thank God, we don't have to handle any of the Stukas out there. May we live healthily till we age with our beloved family. Cheerio.

2 comments:

stuka69 said...

Ola..
I am deeply touched by your entry.
I'm no music guru but i like to listen to all kinds of music...well except maybe Techno and Britney.
There are other non-mainstream and alternative music to explore out there so its cool to be able to share it with someone.

Primal Scream rules and is great music to chill out and trip out on.

Unfortunately, i've worn out the Danzig shirt and furthermore i dont think i can fit into it anymore..haha.

desquire said...

Bro as usual, you're always humble when it comes to music.

Britney? Who's that? Your ex-gf bro? Haha. I'll pass her too. But some like Enya, Sarah Mc Lachlan and the sweet Natalie Imbruglia I just can't seem to let their music go unheard. They do very good music with nice tunes.

Yes, the Primal Scream rules. If not for Bobby, I guess they're nothing. Just like J. Spaceman and his assemble of Spiritualized. They need a genius to do such a thing.

Ehy not you frame your Danzig tee instead? I'll be right after you. Come show me the frame!